The World Health Organization and the Institute for Security Studies chair the INSPIRE Working Group and Community of Practice. The INSPIRE package is managed by a small Secretariat that also includes the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children, Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, Care and Protection of Children (CPC) Learning Network at Columbia University, United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime and Joining Forces. The Secretariat convenes regularly, and the coordinator supports the overall objectives of the group.
The roles and functions of the secretariat and coordinator are to:
- contribute to the development of the agenda for each Working Group meetings/calls;
- convene meetings of the Working Group
- Maintaining momentum, shaping direction and ensuring that what is decided upon in the working group is actioned.
- Provide regular communication to the Working Group
- Receive, record and pass on requests for technical assistance to Working Group members who may be able to assist.
- contribute to Working Group member management
- nurture relationships among Working Group members
- cultivate a focus on equity—including seeking diverse membership, fostering conditions foreveryone to be included
- coordinate a process for maintaining INSPIRE implementation guidance as living documents
- oversee the implementation of the Collective Action Framework; and monitor and report on progress to the End Violence Executive Committee and 10 signatory agencies.